Saturday 29 September 2012

Hostess with the mostess!

So did you host a Macmillan Tea & Coffee Morning?  It was for such a good cause that myself, Helen and Julia each baked 2 cakes and served the teacher's and TA's tea and coffee during their break time. 
I made a Bara Brith (this weeks challenge bake) and a plate full of mini Victoria Sponges, and I think Lakeland should pay me some sort of commission because at least 4 people are heading off into town tomorrow to buy the special baking tray. 
Julia made the choccy roads which were huge! (but one of the first things to go) and a Banana Loaf and Helen baked one of her wonderful Lemon Drizzle cakes, I'm sure she could give Mary Berry a run for her money with this cake. She also baked a Ginger Cake which I've bought a slice home to try.  A variety to suit anyones pallette don't you think?
Along with the cakes to prettify the table I also made the bunting for my cake using my computer to print out the MacMillan Logo and some flags for the other cakes.  I think they look rather fetching with the bright green doillies which I think is a rather harsh colour to pretty up a cake.
We did really well and with the generous donations raised £70.  Not bad for such little effort. 
The teachers have asked if we would host a coffee morning at least once every half term, I'm all for it as I could pretend to run my little shop Tat 'n' Tea but I'm not too sure Helen and Julia want to play. You just can't get the staff these days :-)
Have a spiffin day
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment