Thursday 4 October 2012

The Smurf!

Last week we were unfortunate to have the neighbour back into our little Aygo making a huge dent.  Whilst she went in for repairs we were given a courtesy car.  I really giggled when I came home from work to see this bright blue Fiat 500c on the drive.  Immediatley I called him The Smurf!.  and I must admit Ian did look a bit of a papa smurf when he was driving it.
I'm not that much of a petrol head but I do like to drive different cars just to say that I've driven one.  Ian really didn't like this little car and compared to his Aygo the fuel consumption was to be desired.  For a little 1200cc car it was a bit of a guzzler. 
As for me?  I loved it :-)
Ok perhaps the colour is not one that I would personally choose but after a week I kind of liked it and it certainly was easy to find in a huge shopping centre car park!  The interior is so retro and funky it bought a happy smile to my face, I loved the driving position as it was higher than the Aygo and the boot space was twice as big (I managed to get 6 of my large grocery shopping bags in the boot, something the Aygo cannot claim to do). It also had a great stereo system and all the controls were easy to use.  Not quite sure why it has and engine cutout mode when you are in netural as to me that just puts extra strain on the starting motor, but I digress.......
........so onto the down side, it's a little gut less and the pulling away power does not give you the confidence that I am used to, and the back seat was non-existent (hence the larger boot I suppose) and really that's about it, I couldn't fault it any more.
So would I want to own one?  Yes I think I would but only a more economical model and perhaps a white one!
So there you go ladies and gents, not only do I let you know about the good and bad points of baking I'm now a Top Gear presenter.....eat  your heart out Clarkson!
TTFN
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment