Saturday 22 December 2012

Week 45 - Mince Pies

This is the way I make my mince pies, and there is no changing me or them; they are small to be
popped straight into the mouth in one go - Nigella Christmas
Faff Factor = 8
Bake = 8
Keeping Up Appearances = 8
Total score = 24/30
First of the Christmas bake and I chose Mince Pies.  I won't lie to you I didn't make the mincemeat as I bought a really good quality jar the other week containing apple and sultana's but I did make the pastry. 
I love following a Nigella recipe, I love the way the book gives a word by word account of what she says on her programmes and I feel she is in my kitchen with me (don't laugh, please).
I also like the fact she gives an option of using a food processor (oh I wish) or a freestanding mixer (my Ken), I chose to use my hands and I was mighty pleased with the result.
Nothing much more to report on really, the pies came together nicely and the smell in my kitchen was all Christmassy so a win win for this little bake.
I'm counting down the number of bakes to finish this challenge.  I'll be honest with you again, I've lost the Mojo but I will not fail, I will not give up, I will conquer this quest and embrace my new oven to do the 7 bakes remaining.  Here's hoping the little time I have off over Christmas will give me some opportunity to succeed.
Love to all and Deck the Halls.
Lynetta

No comments:

Post a Comment