Monday 25 March 2013

Books, books and more books

I seem to have an unhealthy obsession with books at the moment, not that it's a bad thing only if, like me, you don't really have a large bookcase to display them in. 
I love a good book to read and hearing all about a newly published one about the WI on the radio the other week it only seemed right to put it on my Mother's Day list and I was a lucky girl to receive a copy.  I can't wait for a lovely sunny weekend to sit outside and have a good read.
Whilst out shopping I purchased yet another baking book, but this time an American one.  I stumbled across the name when I was researching my New York trip, Williams-Sonoma, it's a store in NY along par with Harvey Nichols and its on my list of places to visit as they have a HUGE Martha Stewart department, so it only seemed right I bought the baking book.  Looking through it has some fine American recipes and I'm looking to have a go at some of them pretty soon (don't hold your breath for a post all about it though!).
In true British style I feel I have to mention the weather, it's still cold with temperatures dropping below freezing at night and not much more during the day. This winter seems to be going on and on and I know I will be very happy when the sun finally makes it's appearance and the skys turn blue just to get my old bones warmed up if nothing else.
Looking forward to Easter, not too sure what we are up to but hope it's a good one.
TTFN.
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment