Tuesday 12 March 2013

Hello...Is it me you're looking for!!!

Long time no post....I really cannot put my finger on it but I lost my mojo for quite a few things over the last few months.  Perhaps it is the longer winter we have this year, or is it a sign of wanting to change, oh I don't know other than I'm back.  Not sure when the next post will be but for now I'll do a quick update to get the record up to date.

No baking has been done in the house, I've completely lost my mojo for that and I know I've 5 more bakes to complete the challenge, I'll get there just not sure when.

I've been a little ill for 2 weeks recently with a really bad cough and cold, knocked me side ways and down and even took to my bed for a day and half, something quite unheard of for me.

No craftiness has been started or completed. Perhaps I need to find something 'new' to learn to get my interest back up.  I'm thinking water colours?  but I'm not really an artist, I prefer wool and material, but then this may kick start my enthusiasm again.

No outings or jolly days have been taken over the last few months.  It's been lousy weather and with no motivation I've been like a tortoise and wanted to hibernate indoors in the warm.

Oooh just remembered, we did go out on a date to see Les Miserables at the cinema...cannot wait for the DVD so I can blub over and over again at Ann Hathaway's solo performance, I'm welling up now just thinking about it.

And to round things off just nicely Jack unfortunately had a little accident on the football pitch by dislocating his knee which popped back in immediately but left him with severe torn ligaments.  So that's his season over with (and my Saturday mornings back - hoorraayyyy) however he has impeccable timing that this had to happen on Mothering Sunday weekend which scuppered any plans we had to celebrate by eating out.  I can remember being in hospital on my first ever mothers day back in 1999, Jack had pneumonia and we spent 10 days getting him back to health to take home again, scary times.  Perhaps I need to avoid mothering Sunday.

So less of the moaning, less of the groaning I just wanted to say Ooh it's nice to be back :-)

Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment