Monday 23 January 2012

Week 3 - Double Chocolate Marbled Loaf Cake

Quote from book: Adding melted dark and white chocolate turns a Madeira-style creamed cake mixture into a wonderful loaf that looks as good as it tastes.
Faff Factor = 6
Bake = 9
Keeping up appearances = 5
Result = 20/30
Yip, the boy chose chocolate!  No surprise there really.  Once again I cannot fault the taste it had just the right amount of chocolate.  I'm more than happy with the result of this bake and it only lasted 2 days before it was all eaten up.  I'm not too sure if I am being too critical on the faff factor score as once again alot of washing up as you needed to melt both dark and white chocolate over a pan of steaming hot but not boiling water :-)  sorry it made me laugh when I read the method as it mentioned this 3 times so I am gathering that alot of people boil the water and Mary wanted to make sure we get it right, thanks Mary :-). 
The recipe did not come with a picture (insert panic mode here) I'm a visual person and like to see the end result  so after the baking I googled a marble loaf and realised my marbling was not as good as it should be (hence the low mark).  When I make this again I will marble the first layer then dollop the mixture in for the second layer and marble again, my chopstick did not go down to the bottom of the loaf tin hence the clumpiness of the mix.
However, one half was mixed correctly and here is the lucky boy just about to tuck in and enjoy.
Mum's birthday next week and her favourite cake is Carrot Cake.  I'm hoping the recipe in the book is as good as the Hummingbird Bakery one I have previously made for my friend Sarah.
May your day's be full of happiness.
Laters
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment