Monday 27 February 2012

Week 7 - Chocolate Crackles

Quote from book:  These very dark and rich chocolate biscuits are
rolled in icing sugar just before baking. 
As they cook the surface cracks to look like crazy paving.
Faff Factor = 8
Bake = 9
Keeping Up Appearances = 9
Total score = 26/30
Phew, at last a result.  After having 2 weeks on the trot of not being very successful with my baking I needed to get back to something pretty simple to get my confidence going again and these little beauties did not disappoint.  They are a sort of a cross between a cookie and a biscuit.  Crispy and crumbly whilst soft in the middle.  They are very easy to make and I think a little bit different not to mention going down rather well with a cup of tea after watching Jack's football.  I will be baking these again but next time I will roll the balls a little bigger as as a preference I like my biscuits to be chunky. 
So onwards and upwards and back to looking to see what to bake next week. I feel my excitement returning for my challenge again as I was very very dispondent.
Happy Mondays.
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment