Monday 14 May 2012

Week 18 - Pumped up Chocolate Muffins


Quote from website: So here is my recipe for huge chocolate muffins with a surprise chocolate sauce filling
– you know the kind you can buy in coffee shops and bakery chains up and down the country. !?
Faff Factor = 8
Bake = 9
Keeping Up Appearances = 9
Total score = 26/30
With the weather being so lovely this weekend the last thing I wanted was to be inside faffing with baking a cake.  I wanted something quick and easy and fool prooof.  I know I've baked these little goodies quite a few times but really wanted them to be in my challenge (ha ha, do you think I'm taking a cheats way out this week?). 
So if you have an hour to spare and want the best chocolate muffins you've ever tasted use this recipe..HERE.  If  you are not familiar with The Pink Whisk this is Ruth who came second on The Great British Bake last year.  I loved Ruth, at the time some people said she reminds them of me because of her organised way of baking, and I must admit yes I could see some similarities.
This is a great bake and could quite easiliy scored 29 (no-one or nothing is perfect, always room for improvement don't you think?), I've knocked down the faff factor to 8 as you need to pump up the muffins with ganache so need to faff a little there but other than that they are the near to a perfect bake as I can get.  My only other recomendation is buy the best chocolate ingredients you can possibly afford and go and bake a batch then let me know what you think.
Happy Monday's
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment