Tuesday 25 October 2011

The Great Bake Off!

At last! I was determined this morning when I woke up that I was going to use today as a baking day. It felt just right, do you know what I mean?  When you do things and they just don't go your way you know to stop and wait for the right moment another day, well today was my day :-)  Perfect result for my Lemon Drizzle cake.  The recipe was from a Marks and Spencers Baking book I had given to me at the end of term.  I think it is more of an american recipe as it uses sour cream and sunflower oil instead of butter and milk, but the result was perfect, a light bouncy and moist sponge with a lovely sweet, not tart, lemon syrup. Yum yum yum in my tum with a nice cup of tea.
Not to leave the boys out and as the cake took an hour to bake I took the opportunity to make some whoopie pies from my favourite cook book :-)  I have made these a few times and have never been dissappointed, neither have the boys.
do you think I over loaded with the marshmallow butter cream? oh well never mind they are going down a treat.  I feel happy today my baking was a success, more so than I can say for last week, sheesh you should of heard the language!!!
Have a good day
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment