Monday 2 January 2012

The Sparkle has gone so I'm now up for a Challenge.

Yes all the sparkle has gone!  No more twinkly lights to fill my living room, not more glittery balls and snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, all the decorations have been put away for another 11 months.  I so look forward to this day, I'm not being a humbug but I would have the tree and decorations put away the day after boxing day but Ian won't let me.  I feel someone should invent a decoration for New Year, just one little thing that we all should have to celebrate the old year and toast the new (wonder if I tried to enforce it via parliament they would listen). At last the house feels clean again albeit a little bare, perhaps I need to be like Nigella and have fairy lights all year round.
So onto my challenge.  Has anyone seen the film Julie and Julia?  I have always been inspired by this film and when I received my new cooking/baking books at Christmas I knew there and then what I wanted to do.  I have set myself up for a challenge in 2012 to bake my way through the above book.  I think I'll name my challenge Eat Your Heart Out Mary:-). I am going to try pastries, breads and pies, something I have not done before.  I am so looking forward to it.  I will try and bake every week (keeping fingers crossed) and will be posting my efforts, whether I have succeeded or not, on here.  I am hoping my friend Sarah will be taking the challenge with me and I am determined to keep it up.
OK off to read the book to decide on my first bake. 
TTFN
Lynetta Xx

2 comments:

  1. watching with interest Lynetta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great challenge Lynetta, Julie and Julia was a good movie and I wondered about trying to bake at least 1 new recipe from the Hummingbird book a month, but I've had to give up on the "regular" baking now as I don't need any temptation while I get back on the Slimming World bandwagon. But will be looking forward to your bakes and recipe ratings. :D

    ReplyDelete