Friday 20 January 2012

Woooooooooshhhh

Whoooosh, and it's gone...the week that is.  I can't believe we are already coming into the last week of January.  Other years I always thought it was a slow drudging month but man has it gone quick this year! Is it an age thing?  or is it because the weather has been so mild it really doesn't feel like winter.  Saying that I've got to be up early tomorrow to go and stand on a cold football pitch, I'll probably think twice about my post then. 
I managed to get a little sewing in last night.  It's my mum's birthday next week and she wanted a green apron.  I've had the material since before christmas as I was going to make it for a Christmas present however I didn't have the time to complete it with all the other activities I had going on.  Good thing her birhtday is in January so she will not have to wait too long.  I'm not that enthralled with the apron, she wanted a green one , but oh dear  it looks more like an army uniform than a pretty apron. 
I have tried to girly it up with a contrasting pocket (as seen above) but it's just not working and looks a bit odd so back to the drawing board on this one.  I've really not got the enthusiasm to complete it as it is so drab, but needs must and that's to please the recipient and not me.  I'm wondering if anyone else feels like this when making something for a present? that's if it don't appeal to you you've not got the interest to finish it - answers on a postcard please.  Oh well, I'm so sure she will be pleased with it so I'm holding onto that thought for now.
OK back to the sewing machine.  Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment