Sunday 5 February 2012

Fluffy Stuff.....

Yippeee, the BBC Weather man got it right.  Right on time the snow started to fall at 6pm Saturday night through to the early hours of Sunday morning.  After a lovely lie in this morning (9:30am) both myself and Ian decided it would be good to get out and have a little walk to buy the Sunday Papers, so off we trot via the lake in the sludgy soft snow.
I think we are fortunate to live near a lovely lake which is well maintained, and the warden is, as ever, ever so thoughtful to the public.

The lake all frozen over and Ian hoped all the little fishes were ok (think he's going soft!).  One of my favourite parts of Maiden Erlegh Lake are the carved sculptures from the trees.  The flying goose above is very impressive.  I will have to remember the next time I am there to take a photo in some sort of proportion so you can see how huge they are.
On returning home after our little walk I decided I will give the White Loaf another go.  Wish me Luck.
Be back soon
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment