Tuesday 20 March 2012

Britain's First Photo Album

Has anyone been watching this new series?  I have and I love it! 
Britain's First Photo Album is presented by John Sergeant on the extraordinary achievement of Francis Frith, the pioneer Victorian photographer who embarked upon a colossal project to photograph the United Kingdom during the 19th century. John Sergeant retraces Frith's photographic journey through history, hoping to find the exact spots where forty photographs from The Francis Frith Collection were taken and then take his own pictures, capturing the mood of the place as it is now.
Frith's poignant photographs are further brought to life in a series of interviews as John Sergeant meets people living or working in the same places today, who tell their stories as they work to keep Britain's social and industrial heritage alive.
I would love to do something like this and scrapbook all about it, just think what it would look like.  Perhaps I'll put it on my list of things to do when I get a Canon camera just like John's.  If you've not seen the programme you've only a couple of days left to catch the end of the series. BB2 6:30pm.
I've watched the series of The Great British Railway Journeys where Micheal Portilo travels around the British railway network with only a Victorian guidebook and compares how the destinations have changed in Victorian and modern times (I even bought Bradshaws guide) and now this new series, I really do think I should of become a Victorian Historian.
Bye for now
Lynetta
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment