Monday 12 March 2012

A Jolly Bakers day out

Oh what a lovely day I had on Saturday.  Myself and Sarah went for our annual trip to Squires Kitchen Cake Exhibition in Farnham.  This year I was even more excited as one of the guest demonstrators was none other than Peggy Proschen.  I have admired her work since I first took up baking as a hobby.  I love her style as it is really girlie with a lot of pinks, blues and greens. 
The first demonstration was how to buttercream a three layered cake.  Just look at the piping work Peggy showed us, swoon.  Even with talking us through the demonstration this only took her 20 mins to decorate.  Something to aim for?

The second demonstration was a Raspberry Bomb.  Mmmm mmmm mmmm.  This cake was half filled with a German butter cream which is a combination of Creme Pattisserie and butter cream, and swirls of her own brand Jam.

It is jolly expensive at £6.95 a pot but boy oh boy does it taste good, and I'm not a lover of Raspberry Jam.  I think I may have to visit her Parlour to purchase a jar for special occasions.  During the second demonstration it was made known her new book was all sold out!, arrrhhhhhh.  I was a little dissapointed.  But half an hour later when we were doing a little bit of shopping Alison (#2 canny shopper) found myself and Sarah (#1 canny shopper) to let us know they had found a box of books.  Swoooshhh run run run over to the other side of the room and grabbed myself a book. 

and the really good thing

Peggy was there to sign my book.  One happy girl.
and I'll leave you with a happy photo of Sarah and Alison who obviously had the intention of shop till you drop with their trollies.
TTFN
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment