Sunday 3 June 2012

Joining in some fun!

Wanting to join in the Queen's celebrations I noticed in the local paper of an Afternoon Tea and Band event being hosted in the local Forbury Garden's.  Unfortunately the weather has not been kind and has been steadily raining all day which sadly put a damper on any cheerfulness people may have been feeling.  I admired these two happy chappies who walked around on their stilts cheering up the little ones (and me).
sadly there was no band, but a group of local singers who were very enthusiastic. 
I think I'm gathering an unhealthy obsession with bunting! (and along an old wall too - I have a love for old walls but that's another story)
We only stayed for a little while due to the weather and came home to watch the Jubilee Pageant on the TV.
Rowing boats begin to gather …
It makes you feel very proud to be British :-)
Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment