Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sunny afternoon sewing

Having a little time to spare at the weekend I decided to get the sewing machine out to try and use some of the material I purchased back last year (remember).  I've had things on my list to make and do for quite sometime and wanted to cross at least one off this weekend.  My friend Sarah purchased a dust cover for her Kenwood Chef and so I decided to loan the cover and made a template out of cotton to use as a pattern to make the real thing.
I'm rather pleased with how it turned out and it looks fitting in my craft room (I have to keep it in the craft room as my kitchen is tiny and we do not have enough cupboard space for such a large piece of kit).  I used every little piece of the denim I owend but still have alot of the patterned cotton remaining!  I think I may just hoard that somewhere for a while as I've exhausted it's appeal for the time being but then again I could think of one more thing to make from it! 
Looking at the picture too I think it needs one more embelishment on there somewhere but cannot decide on what it needs to be....you see I'm thinking all the time :-) and talking about looking at pictures I think I need to really start using a moisturiser on my hands at a regular basis, as they say you can always tell a womens age by their hands and I'll be clocking up a milestone birthday next year!  yikes.......
Speak soon
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment