Tuesday 22 May 2012

Culinary Delights

It's a funny thing how conversations can lead you from one topic to another and one thing both myself and Jack have every evening around the dinner table is a conversation on how our day has been.  I love these little special times together, it is something we have done since he began to talk.  I used to ask 'what made you happy today?' or 'what did you learn from today?'  but now it's more of a quick yes/no kind of conversation as I'm sure you know 13 (nearly 14) year olds do not 'do' the conversation bit.
We've recently been talking about looking after yourself both physically, mentally and well being. The first two I have no problems with Jack's capabilities however the well being, oh dear, oh my, he can't even boil an egg or even put a duvet on.  Now don't get me wrong I don't mully cuddle him but as a mother knows sometimes it's easier and faster to do it yourself. So with all this in mind the conversation came around to learning to cook and as Jack loves his food he needs to start gaining confidence with the cooker.
Whilst shopping this weekend, for a joke, I bought Jack the king of all students diets, the humble Pot Noodle.  I've never ever tasted one and am now wondering is it because I wasn't a student? So ladies and gentlemen watch this space as I will be giving you a full report on how Jack made this wonderful cuisine of meals along with his verdict on the taste.
Do you think I ramble too much? I love a good natter and will talk to anyone about anything so if you want a chat leave a comment and we'll see where our conversation goes.
Toot toot!
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment