Sunday 13 May 2012

Renovate & Re-new

When you wake up to a beautiful morning like this the last thing you want to do is to be indoors baking.  So after all my chores for the day I decided to get on with a project I've had in mind for simply ages. 
 
I've had this lurking in my garage for over a year now and decided today was the day it came out to play.  I practiced a little on some pots (which I'll show you in another post) but it was this little baby that I wanted to have a go at renovating:
You see my friend Sarah recently underwent some major renovating in her house and needed to slim down all the tat she had liying around. I've always admired this hurricane lamp when visiting and was really surprised to see it in her skip one day.  Excuse me Mrs Maybury, never throw anything away that can be given to a good home, and home it came with me.
I've always loved to renovate or change things to give them a new lease of life and was really really pleased with how this project turned out.  Want to see?..........

beautiful don't you think?  She was a little fiddly to take apart so I could spray her but then that gave me the opportunity to give her glass and candle a good clean (yes I even recycled the candle).  So I am now the proud owner of a lovely hurricane lamp and it will be proudly hanging in my garden.
Make do and Mend, that's what I say.
Lynetta Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment