Thursday 24 May 2012

Guilty pleasures!

It may seem a little strange to some of you but my guilty pleasure is bread and butter.  I have fond memories as a child helping mum home with the weekly shop from Sainsbury's in Friar Street and having the crusty loaf in the bag I carried.  I used to sit on the bus smelling the fresh loaf and to when I got home of having a big thick slice with butter. Never to disappoint Mum always let me have the 'knobby' (do any of you call the end crust the knobby? or was it just our family saying?) I used to sit there with a cup of tea relishing and savouring the moment.
I can never go out for a meal without eating the bread even before the waiter has asked for our order and would quite happily eat half a loaf that I bring home from my weekly shop.  I'm not even fussed about what the bread is, white, brown, best of both, crusty, soft, tin, baguette, I just LOVE bread!  I'm looking to visit Borough Market in the summer holidays just to buy some bread!  I know this seems a little extreme to buy a loaf of bread but then you're listening to a girl who went to Bruges on a day trip just to have chips and mayonnaise :-).
So what's your guilty pleasure?  Would love to hear some comments from you.
TTFN
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment