Tuesday 15 May 2012

Patriotic Packaging

Oh yes, the supermarkets have got me this time!  I'm a sucker for patriotic packaging and this week whilst shopping the shelves were full to the brim with Jubilee and Olympic goodies. I could of spent a lot more on cakes as Mr Kipling's are all packaged Red, White and Blue but I was a good girl and decided that I would only buy things that I could keep as momentoes after.  The tin of biscuits from M&S is by far my favourite (well so far anyway), I'm also loving the fact that the syrup tin is huge and once I've used it all up baking I will clean it out and use as a planter for my kitchen windowsill. Do you like my t-towel? (Primarni special £1.20)  I've a few more ready for the big day along with these
all at a bargain in Asda for £1 each, and cannot wait to make the paper chains, oh how that will bring back childhood memories :-)

and whilst in the garden centre at the weekend they too have gone all patriotic with The Best of British plants - I've always yearned to have a traditional English Cottage Garden but alas my little patch is too small so in honour of the Red, White and Blue I decided to plant up my newly sprayed pots for my front door - do you like them?
a lovely Red Geranium, White Oestor something or other? and Blue Violas.  I will place a few flags to decorate on the day but I am so happy my front doorstep is all Patriotic.
Toot Toot
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment