Tuesday 24 July 2012

How does your garden grow?

Do you like my new sign?  A little bargain in the sale for £5,  I love a bargain :-)  I've only a little postage stamp of a garden.  The back is no more than 20ft x 35ft and I've been working on it for a few years now.  A couple of years ago the neighbour at the end of our garden finally chopped down their mahooossive willow tree and finally it let some light into my little patch and my plants have been able to bloom and grow.
We just need to tend to the fence now and it'll look 20 times better.  I'll put that on my list of things to try and achieve over the summer holidays. 
I've always wanted a garden of herbaceous plants where you cut them right back in autumn and watch the garden come back to life in spring.  It's amazing to watch over a 4 week time frame how quickly it all comes back to life.  Mother Nature :-)
Last year our adjoining neighbour decided to pave 75% of her front garden.  This was such a shame as the front gardens were planted to compliment one another with a border running under the windows and a lovely green lawn.  Since she paved her driveway my front garden just didn't feel right so I decided to cut more of a border going up the side of the lawn to meet their swooping planted 25%.  I'm pretty pleased how it's growing.  I've been taking cuttings from the back garden, my mum's garden and another neighbours garden to fill in the border.
This is the view as soon as you step out the front door. I know it's not as professional as some of my neighbours gardens as I'm no expert gardener by any means and lose quite a few plants year after year but secretly I'm chuffed it's turning out OK.
Even my jubilee plant pots are still happily blooming and yes I'm still flying the flag. 
Blooming marvellous.
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment