Thursday 19 July 2012

Olympic Torch

OH WOW, I feel so lucky.  At school today we were visited by Susan Tomsett who was an Olympic Torch bearer in Bognor Regis yesterday.  She bought in her torch to show all the children but there was no escape from me before I could have my picture taken.  The Head was a little embarrassed about my enthusiasm and excitement I showed I can tell you but as I was unable to get to see Reading's procession due to work commitments I think I was let off a little when I started to pose!
In Susan's presentation she informed the children of why there are 8000 circles, why it is shaped with 3 sides and why it is gold.  If you want to know more look HERE and anyone who knows me will know I love little details like this.
Reluctantly I handed back the torch to Susan and I know I will remember this little moment of my life and feel very happy I was able to hold an Olympic torch.
TTFN
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment