Monday 30 July 2012

Week 27 - Pavlova

Quote from book -  Originally from Australia this is the perfect summer dessert with lashings
of whipped fresh cream and berries or fruits.  I love the rustic look of it, so don't try too hard
to make it look perfect. - Home Bake Eric Lanlard.
Faff Factor = 6
Bake = 7
Keeping Up Appearances = 8
Total score = 21/30
Phew, I finally managed to make a Pavlova.  I have tried to make this dessert at least 3 times before using different recipes but finally had success with Eric Lanlard, thank you Eric :-)  And thank you too for giving me permission to not produce a perfect looking dessert.
First off the negative - having Ken on speed #5 for 15 minutes whisking the egg whites was a little noisy and faffing about waiting for the meringue to cool before I could construct was nail biting as I didn't know how the middle would turn out.
Now the positives - happy that it rose a little and didn't crack too much, very happy with the middle as it was all soft and gooey just as we like it and very very happy it tasted divine.
It didn't last very long too!
I am so glad I persevered and made this pudding and I suppose you are going to ask if I will make this again (especially Jack as it is one of his favourite desserts and previously it's ended up an Eton Mess as I didn't want to waste the ingredients) well the answer to this is yes, I would give it another go just to see it was not a fluke that I managed to make a Pavlova, but that will probably not be until I get invited to another Bar-B-Q where I have to supply a dessert.  Do I hear any offers?
Off to watch the Olympics for a bit :-)
Toot Toot
Lynetta Xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment