Thursday 25 October 2012

Week 41 - Chocy Rocky Road


Nigella Express
Faff Factor = 9
Bake = 5
Keeping Up Appearances = 9
Total score = 23/30
In the absence of a cooker and wanting to keep myself on track with the challenge I decided to make a fridge cake this week and what a better reason to make some chocy rocky road.  Not just any choccy rocky road, this is Nigella's recipe.  Mmmm mmmm mmm.
I'm sure you all know how easy it is to make this little treat so I'm not going to tell you how to suck eggs however one thing I decided to do was swap rich tea biscuits for hob nobs.  These tasty little morsels are for the boys so I needed to beef them up so to speak.
Ideal lunch box fillers and an ideal sugar rush snack.  As they are easy peasy to make I only marked 5 out of 10 for the bake as I feel I'm cheating this week, come on admit it, you can't go wrong with mixing ingredients together can you?
Only 24 hours to go for my new cooker and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get to grips with the oven.  Here's hoping I don't start burning my cakes, yikes......
Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment