Friday 7 September 2012

Another little Jolly Jaunt..

I'm beginning to realise how lucky I am to live within such a short distance from some rather nice quaint places to visit.  One town which is within a stones throw from home and one I've not visited before is Henley On Thames.  The town is part of the 'Season' for Debutantes (from years ago when debutantes were fashionable anyhow).  It hosts a Regatta every year and a lot of very posh people visit cruising up and down the River Thames in their very swanky expensive boats, and it is now host to a 80's Rewind Festival. 
Whilst on my summer holidays myself and Sarah took ourselves off for the 20 minute drive to Henley.  I was pleasantly surprised at what a cute town it is.

I loved the Town Hall.  It sits in the square over looking the pedastrian walk way and even though it is small I loved the symmetry of the building.
The weather was over cast and a little rainy but we managed to sit outside on the pavement for our lunch.  There is a good range of shops, some being very very expensive, but that was to be expected due to the wealth around the area.  What I was not expecting though was the quality of the second-hand shops.  I managed to grab myself a few little bargains but I'll tell you about that in a separate post.
Sadly there was not a tea shop and thought the town would benefit from one.  Both myself and Sarah would love to run a shop and often discuss it.  Did you know I named my blog after one of these discussions. Tat 'n' Tea - a little place to pop in, have a cuppa and a slice of good homemade cake, there would be an area just for the knit and natters and the hook and hen's then you can have a little noesy around at some good quality tat I've acquired along the way, what a perfect way to spend an afternoon.  Would you visit me?
Have a perfect weekend.
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment