Monday 17 September 2012

Proms in the Park

I've been mighty busy these last 2 weeks what with returning to work and school, having Governor meetings to minute and generally getting myself back into the swing of things but all work and no play as they say makes you a dull boy (girl).
Back in April Ian bought tickets for Proms in the Park.  It's something I've been looking forward to for quite some time.  So off we trot with picnic blanket and basket in hand (courtesy of M&S at Marble Arch) and into Hyde Park we went.
We were so lucky to get a really good spot about 20 foot from the stage and even more lucky that the weather was glorious. 
I think this year people have really had their wear out of their outfits and yet again many people dressed up in their red white and blue,
We may have not been so over dressed as others but certainly made the effort with little subtle additions to out attire.
we chatted and ate our picnic and had a glass of pear cider whilst we waited for the event to start, how very civilised we are :-)

I was gobsmacked to see 40,000 people were behind us when this came up on the big screen, oh wow!
 
The show started around 5pm with The Chicago Blues Brothers, Bjorn Again, Gypsy Queens, London Gospel Choir and The BBC Big Band (loved their sound)  The two main attractions were Alfie Boe and Kylie Minogue.  Oooh what a concert.  I loved every single minute of it and was on my feet dancing right up to the end.
At 10:30pm we connected up with The Royal Albert Hall to sing and wave our flags to Land of Hope and Glory.  I was in my element and proudly sang my little heart out. I cannot express here how wonderful this event was and would recommend anyone to get themselves tickets, grab their picnic and just have a jolly good time.  We met some really lovely people, 3 couples who came down from Durham, a mad Irish lady who loved a tipple and the most interesting of all was Paul, who was Kylies No.1 fan and who danced away with me to her song Spinning Around (I will now have fond memories everytime I hear this song being played)
So here's to next year, we've decided to make this little trip a yearly tradition.
All together now, Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the free......
Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment