Thursday 30 August 2012

Let the train take the strain!

As we have not been on a holiday holiday this year I've made sure I've been out on little Jolly Jaunts with family and friends over the school holiday period.  I'm enjoying my day's out with Sarah and this time we decided to let the train take the strain (can you remember that advert campaign?) and for a grand total of £11 we bought a return ticket to Winchester.
I've heard many great things about this city and how pretty it is so we were really happy to be able to go on a beautiful sunshiny day.
All what I've read about Winchester Cathedral did not disappoint.  I was in awe of this amazing building and architecture. 
and even more so of the ornate and stunning naive, alter, stained glass windows and ceilings.
Winchester town is very happy and friendly.  We had our lunch in the grounds of the cathedral and walked around the town at ease.

A very pretty town and I am looking forward to visiting it again at Christmas as I have been told they host a Victorian Market and at such a bargain for the train tickets I'm thinking of bringing Lilibet next time.
Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment