Thursday 2 August 2012

Teenagers!

For the life of me I cannot remember sleeping in later than 9:00am during the summer holidays when I was a teenager.  If you look closely at the photo you will find Jack fast asleep at 10:30am.
I vowed when Jack was a baby that I would go into his room at 7:30am every morning and wake him up as he was a very early riser and for his first 4 years of his life he woke up at 5:30am, every morning! 
BUT, I just cannot do it.  You see Jack is suffering from the Teenage Hormone syndrome where he needs to reserve all his energy just to function for at least 9 hours a day.  I have been reading that during the ages of 13-16 it's a tough life for boys and their hormones so I've cut him some slack and I'll let him sleep, but only until 10:45am then he is getting out of that bed, washed dressed and fed.
I'm a thoughtful and considerate mum don't you think?
Have a lovely Thursday.
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment