Monday 13 August 2012

Olympic Fever

I think I'm going to be suffering from POB - Post Olympic Blues - It's all over, it's ended, what am I going to do!
Over the last 2 weeks I have been glued to the screen watching events unfold, watching medals won, watching inspirational athletes take part in the most spectacular Olympic Games I think I will ever see in my lifetime.  I've already posted about the opening ceremony here (gosh was it only two weeks ago) but I've not really updated you with our little trip upto London's Hyde Park after my unsuccessful mission with tickets blogged here
As always I had my trusty little camera with me and took a few photo's to remind me of our day.

We had a lovely time wandering around the city from Trafelgar Square to Somerset House, along The Embankment and over to Westminster, then into Regent's Street and Oxford Street finally making our way to Hyde Park to watch on the huge screens that have been erected around the city for the public to view.  Everyone in London seemed to be in high spirits and in really happy and friendly moods, it was a joy to be walking around feeling the same too. The atmosphere in Hyde Park was fantastic with over 5,000 people all celebrating and cheering whenever a Team GB athlete came onto the screen.  I am so glad I suggested to the boys to make the trip considering I was unlucky in grabbing some tickets and I am really happy to blog this post as it will be something to tell the grandchildren of where I was and what I was doing during the 2012 Olympics.
To save my ramblings here are a few sites to record the closing ceremony.  We watched every second right from 7pm through to 12:30am, what a night :-)
And now back to reality today and to get myself into a routine for the remainder of my holidays.
Toodle Pip
Lynetta Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment